Coconut Curry Sweet Potato Soup
Coconut and sweet potato curry soup. It’s so quick and easy to make🌿Here’s the recipe:
All you need is:
200g sweet potato peeled
3 cups boiling water
1 tin coconut cream
1 - 1/2 teaspoons of curry powder of choice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup baby spinach
1 fresh lime
1 onion sliced
2-3 tablespoons of coconut or olive oil for frying
Fresh coriander for topping(optional)
1. Peel your sweet potato and roughly chop it up into chunks.
2. Slice up your onion.
3. Place your pot on the stove on a medium to high heat and add the oil.
4. Once the oil is hot add in the onion and fry for a minute or so.
5. Add in the curry powder and sweet potato and stir while it continues to fry for another minute.
6. Add in your boiling water and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
7. Add your salt and pepper to taste.
8. Remove from your pot and blend it until smooth.
9. Pour the soup back into the pot and place it on the stove at medium heat. Add in your spinach and coconut cream.
10. Simmer for about 5 minutes and add more salt and pepper if need be.
11. Serve with some fresh lime, cream coriander, and bread or homemade melba toast.
To make homemade melba toast all you need to do is slice up your old bread nice and thin. Toast it in the oven for 15-20 minutes until nice and crisp