Updated: Apr 14
Perfect for a starter or to add to any platter! Growing up if I had to choose between pizza or just a plain Foccacia I would choose focaccia every time. There's just something that I love so much about them.
This recipe tastes just like the real deal and is so delicious!
I've made this recipe using my baking bundle goodies from Just About Refills (JAR) which is an amazing eco online store.
Makes 1 large focaccia
· 2 1/2 cups cake flour plus ¼ cup more for dusting ( From JAR)
· 2 teaspoons of instant yeast
· 1 teaspoon of white sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon of salt
· 1 cup of warm water
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 2 teaspoons fresh crushed garlic
· 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
· 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
· ½ teaspoon of crushed chilies (optional)
· Salt and pepper
1. Mix together all your dry ingredients. Add in the warm water and mix until the dough forms. If your mixture is slightly dry just keep adding little bits of warm water until the mixture forms a dough.
2. Place the dough on a floured surface and knead it for a good 5-10 minutes.
3. Place the dough back into the mixing bowl and cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat your oven once your dough has risen and roll out your dough to fit your baking tray or pizza pan.
5. Spread your olive oil evenly over your base.
6. Add your crushed garlic and other toppings.
7. Place your base in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly golden.
8. Remove from the oven and slice it up and enjoy!