🌸I've been wanting to try out a recipe like this for quite some time but knew I would need a good egg replacer to keep the cake together and this turned out perfect using the @orgransa Egg replacer which I was just gifted yesterday 🌿Perfect timing so here is the recipe 🌱
All you need is:
A rectangle baking dish or baking tray
Measuring cups and spoons
Time: 1 Hour
1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of castor sugar or sugar of your choice
1 teaspoon of baking powder
Pinch of salt Wet:
1/2 cup of oil of your choice
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
250ml of water or plant-based milk
2 Teaspoons of @orgransa Egg replacer mixed with 4 tablespoons of water
Jam for in-between the layers
Dairy-free Cream such as Orley whip
Icing sugar for decorating
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and Greece your baking dish.
2. Sieve all the dry ingredients into your mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
3. Mix the egg replacer with the water.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix well until everything is smooth.
5. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes. Pierce with a knife to test if the cakes are ready, if the knife comes out clean then remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the cake tins.
6. Remove the one cake from the tin and place it onto your cake rack.
7. Allow the cake to cool slightly before slicing it into 3-4 even rectangles. Run a life under got water to get a clean slice.
8. Take your first layer and spread some of your favorite jam and dairy-free cream such as orley whip.
9. Repeat for the rest of the slices and decorate with some fresh raspberries and a dust of icing sugar.